Community Service Information
This has been created to provide information on how to successfully organize a Community Service Event. Team 1511 has made the commitment to complete 1,511 thunderbolts before our tenth year. A thunderbolt is when we take the action to help out another FIRST team or in this case the community through service.
Before the team can commit to a community service event and have it placed on the team schedule, it needs to be approved by the leadership team.
Community Service Event Process
This is a overview of the process to organize a community service.
- Student identifies a community service opportunity.
- Student fills out community service approval form and submits it to the leadership team.
- The leadership team will review the request to determine if it is possible to commit the team to the event.
- If the event is approved by leadership then the event organizer must to make all arrangements needed to conduct the event.
- The event organizer contacts the leadership event coordinator on the leadership team to get the event added to the team calendar.
- Student organizer works with the leadership event coordinator to get sign up sheets generated for the next team meeting.
Community Service Form
Use this form to request authorization for a community service event from the leadership team: Community Service Approval Form
Once the form has been completed email it to the leadership team at: firstname.lastname@example.org